Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 22, 2018

i'm sorry wonder woman


one day last week i drank coffee from this cup,
channeling an inner wonder woman,
while sitting across the table from a dear friend.

fast forward to 2 hours later after i...
dropped off library books,
started dinner,
helped a friend with her plumber,
trash talked with the houston astros fan plumber,
chatted with my neighbor,
fed my dog,
started a load of laundry,
talked to an oily sister on the phone,
parented my tween,
and rushed down to the bus stop
i...

peed my pants...
right down to my socks.

sometimes there just isn't enough time.
or even when there is time,
we can hold it while taking care of so many other things.
right?

but then...
while waiting for the bus,
looking down at my phone,
and doing a little potty dance...
my son's science teacher
(who btw looks just like a disney princess)
drove up from behind and gave a friendly beep beep...

which made me jump up to the high heavens
while the mississippi river began running down my legs...
which then made me laugh hysterically,
turning the mississippi river into niagara falls,
all while telling the disney princess that she would understand one day.

you should also know that this day was particularly windy...
meaning the walk home from the bus was very very chilly.

oh and i'll also tell you that the child
i was walking home from the bus was not my own...
but my neighbor's son.
so yeah...
he is likely thinking
his neighbor and friend's mom,
mrs. defoyd,
pees her pants.

and well,
he would be right.

i'm sorry wonder woman.
i'm sure you never peed your tights while saving the planet.

so this farm girl
will just admit my weakness,
while owning my truth...
sometimes,
just sometimes,
 i wet my plants.


p.s.
if you are local and would like to channel an inner wonder woman,
or admit that you too sometimes wet your pants
join me next monday, 10/29 
for my workshop
because yes, yes we were.
you can read more and register here.


No comments:

Post a Comment