picking the perfect tree...
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
in honor of thanksgiving, the ella & bennett edition of thankful tuesday! ella started to do the typing but then thankfully let me take over so we could finish before bedtime!
- i amthankfulforyfamily
- my house
- my toys
- ella mommy daddy
- my bed
- crayons and markers
- train table
- my friends
- macy, fishies, cooper and kristy
- grandma, anya, nanny, cousins, uncles, aunts...everyone
- playing with daddy
- snuggling with mommy
- mary poppins
- chocolate chips
- singing songs
- bumpy slide
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
because i am a girl in partnership with plan. what started as as the lord putting this on my heart earlier this year to "do" something...is finally here...in a big way. 5 locations, hundreds of colleagues and even a few local schools all participating in an event tomorrow afternoon. please pray that it goes well.
after the event we are launching a "change" drive across our locations - "small change for us, big change for them." a collection of coins & monetary contributions all going towards education and resources for girls like these. if any of you would like to contribute - it would mean so much. as a mother, daughter, sister, aunt, woman and believer - my heart breaks, yet rejoices all the same for what could come of this.
please pray and wish me luck!
please pray and wish me luck!
"every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." james 1:17
- sermons that speak right to your heart
- bennett struggling to carry the stack of books he wants to read
- a little solo shopping time
- afternoon tea & sharing with the girls
- kids falling head over heels into the wizard of oz phase
- an adorable birthday party
- sleeping in
- gracious friends, family and co-workers who had to deal with a woman w/o a voice
- finding my phone when i was sure it was lost in a puddle somewhere
- last minute plans that work out
- drinks with a friend after a looooong day
- final preparations for "because i'm a girl"
- visiting with a&a...it had been too long
- a fun sunday in the north end with mi familia
- kiddo jumping contests with uncle tim & leigh
- being asked to be a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding...an honor
- beautiful november days
- the smell of outside on my kids chilly cheeks
Monday, November 14, 2011
giggles, giggles, giggles!
g is for green pancakes...
g is for green pancakes...
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
- playing in the leaves all afternoon with the kids
- melted snow. leave covered grass.
- reflecting on this fall's powerful synergy series at church
- tic-tac-toe with ella (she's got good quick!)
- kiddo's special sleepover with uncle justin
- camp fire sing-a-long on a chilly night
- being wrong. forgiveness
- early thanksgiving celebrations with family
- generous hosts
- snuggling with baby nathan
- tree swing giggles
- news of a new niece or nephew due in may
- parenting against lying (so hard!)
- seeking wisdom
- being in the classroom
- meal swap
- embracing these finals day of late afternoons on the playground
- easy bedtimes
- tricky to-do lists
Monday, November 7, 2011
but then, october hit. all at once. seriously. all at once things like this...
new mommy-bennett adventures & fun - turned into the craze of potty training lock down. carrying the potty to the bus stop, to the library, to church, to friends' house. stepping in poo and gagging while cleaning up a doozy (sorry). ugh, i'm so done with poo!
relaxing evenings at home with wes - turned into different schedules with one of us being out a few nights a week. late nights watching teams lose. and not nearly enough conversation and togetherness.
dust i could have cared less about in august, was driving me insane in october. crayon marks on the walls that had been there for months turned into a desire to repaint entire rooms.
eagerness to help out, volunteer, get involved - turned into co-leading a girl scout troop. being the classroom yearbook coordinator. assignments to help with rif (what the heck is rif?!). an easy pasta salad assignment for the teacher appreciation luncheon, that i somehow burned (who burns pasta?!).
i got a new boss. a new role. a new opportunity. it's exciting - but it's new, different, uncomfortable. and...it's all at once.
being 10 minutes early to the bus stop and easy morning routines - turned into missing the bus, eating breakfast on the run and morning tussles over what to wear.
summer days of abandoned to-do lists - turned into a search for a new calendar planner. losing scrap to-do lists in the laundry. waking in the middle of the night remembering something i forgot to do.
appreciation for all that wes does - turned into miscommunication, criticism and hurt feelings.
projects that were suppose to be fun & creative - turned aggravating and expensive.
plans with friends - turned into last minute cancellations and lack of motivation to reschedule.
all at once...
the realization hit me all at once too. i was sitting at a table with sweet friends, at a lovely women's ministry brunch. a session that i almost decided not to go to, because "i was soooo busy." a session about "being balanced - pressing on when time presses in." the perfect topic for this crazy time. yet i was so wrapped up in the chaos of the all at once, and thinking i had things under control that i almost didn't go. but nope. the lord got me out of my house on a cold rainy morning, put me in my car, and told me sit down girl and listen!
easy? absolutely not. still a wee crazy? for sure. but even in the exhaustion of potty training, depressing october nor'easters, overwhelming new work & pto assignments it isn't the all at once, but rather the in this moment that i'm striving for. in the words of ann voskamp, one of my favorite authors...a dare to live fully right where i am...eucharisteo.
linking up with this sweet blog' picture me imperfectly...